Sunday, May 31, 2015

Grass flowers

  

I spy outside my window
a tiny bird simply sitting there
without a worry or a care
so still the little sparrow be
amidst the fallen blades of green

and as I spy so too does he
upon his world of fallen green
the newly turned darkened dirt
wet with rain and freshly sown seed

so strange this moment
I share with the little bird
as we both pause without a word
to simply stop in life's busy hours
and remember the stand of grass flowers

it once ran from fence to fence
and bellowed waves with the winds
and sparkled in the dawning rays
harboring a multitude of residents

the rains spawned fungi spore
as I found tiny mushrooms
and too the many clover blooms
which claimed the land as "ours"
under dancing stems of grass flowers 

the reach tempted me to tarry there
as the tiny bird without a care
and laid me down amidst the stand
to listen close to the grassy prayer 




No comments: