Friday, April 15, 2016

Floatin' 26

floatin' on four rubbers
down the number of an
age I used to be, I'd like to see
with a brain swimmin' in a sea
or drownin' there within
my slish-sloshin' skull

and though my brain may
be sippin' all the numbness
that it can, my eyes are
stranded in the desert lands
as they strain to keep
the open sign lights on
the ache in pain

pass the man who appears
to walk without a head
least that is what I saw
until I passed by him, instead
his look was draggin' on
the ground, that's what I found

floatin' on four rubbers
down a number that's one
greater than a square but one
less than a cube, they say it's true
though my blurry brain has
no way to think it through

the pills await a ways
down the street with ups
and downs through the town
but now I have to pause
for her and him, for both of them
they made the light flash above
'cause walkin' was their whim

floatin' on four rubbers
down a number of two
dozen plus two more, what a bore
but there's branches tearin' skies
flying lovers in bird guise
to please my eye... so very dry



No comments: